Welch Family Journal

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Will trade brother for . . . .

a puppy . . . wait . . .what?! Where did this come from? We were in MO this weekend and the kids loved Aunt Judy's cat. Went bonkers over it. Then yesterday when we were driving from one Dr to the other checking to see if any of us had strep ( since we were with mom all weekend we needed to be sure)and Emma says from the back seat "I want a puppy" I ignore the comment and hope she doesn't say it again. Then she says "Mommy" (ok now i have to listen) "yes baby?" "If we drop Garrett off at Isaac's house, then we can get a puppy" I laugh out loud! I have to say "No honey, we're not trading your brother for a puppy. When mommy says she doesn't want a puppy because she already has two kids and a daddy to take care of, it doesn't mean we can trade one for the other" How funny! I told her maybe we'll get a fish for Christmas. Oh the wonderful ways a 3 year olds mind works. :)

3 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger laura said...

Okay so Emma can't trade her brother for a puppy, but can I trade my kid for one? (Totally kidding... most days :)

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Marie said...

I have heard that puppies are easier to potty train :)

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can we trade husbands for puppies??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home