Welch Family Journal

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Big Trouble

ok somebody is in trouble . . . . my sweet little girl just started about "yesterday there was a puppy in our yard" ok no biggi there, a few weeks ago there was a dog in our yard because he'd gotten out of his fence. Then she goes on to "we have a puppy" I laugh and say "nO honey, we've never had a puppy" She says "yeah. Isaac do" SO we go through all of our friends who have dogs. Then she comes up with "when we get our big house we can get a puppy" I laugh even louder and say "NO honey puppies are a lot of work to take care of and Mommy doesn't want to take care of one right now. We can go visit our friends when we want to play with a puppy" She pouts then says "But I want a puppy" I smile and think 'this from the girl who is usuallly deathly afraid of all the puppies no matter the size?' I again reply "well I'm sorry baby but puppies are a lot of work and mommy doesn't want to get one now" she pouts again and then like a lightbulb goes on she lights up and says, with a smile, "when i go to grannys house and ho ho's tehre he can get me one at grannys house!" I laugh even more and say "no baby. ho ho's not getting us one. sorry" Then daddy came in the house and said something or anotehr and distracted her . . . thankfully. SO whoever put this idea in ehr head *couch TANYA cough* is in big trouble!

3 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogs are NOT a lot of work. Mine's well-trained and never causes any problems. I think "mommy" is the one who has a problem and is blaming it on poor, sweet, innocent puppies.

Sincerely, A Dawg-owner.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Marie said...

How funny is it that I am reading this, hearing your exact tone of voice and the inflections in it. I got a good laugh out of that one. Now "ho ho" will have to place a puppy in the stocking...or maybe a good flower girl gift! ;)

Gotta love them dogs! (and aunts that make kids want dogs)

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Marie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home