Welch Family Journal

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Unclean Unclean

Yes, not 18 hours after we left the Doctor's office with only a raging double ear infection but nothing else wrong, Garrett woke up with a swollen middle finger and a swollen eye. It didn't look like pink eye so I went in to work. I had a couple of different people look at him, including one of our kid's parents who is a nurse, and they all said basically it looks like a bad bug bite or allergic reaction and to keep a eye on it. Well I gave him some Benadryl at 9am. After his nap he woke up and his eye was pretty much swollen shut. I was real nervous about it so I took him right to Children's Hospital to be seen. After becoming the talk of the ER, (two other doctors came over after hearing about him just to see) they pretty much said it was an allergic reaction but they weren't sure what to. They gave him a prescription for Zantec and Benadryl for the next three days saying "Watch it. Come in if he gets worse." Lovely, I could have done that at home. It is nice to know that he isn't contagious though. He still looks like a leper child but the swelling has already gone down some tonight. He has a bad reaction to mosquito bites anyway and usually whelps up big and bad. I think both spots were bites that were just too close to something so it swelled up a bunch. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Here's a picture of his eye and finger after a dose of each drug so his swelling has gone down some already.




Poor baby!

2 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poor sweet thing....so glad he has a good mommy to take care of him.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Marie said...

ouch! Poor boy! So glad it is going down. I'd still let my kids play with him even if he look leprous! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home