Welch Family Journal

Monday, June 16, 2008

My baby is turning into a boy!

Yes, you heard right my sweet little baby is now turning into a boy! We used to be able to play the day away with whatever we had (usually princess pink stuff) Now all he wants to do is tackle people and play ball. It finally hit me today when he came downstairs grabbing his shirt (Mickey mouse shirt he loves) saying "take it off mommy. baseball shirt" He then got his sissy to help him get down his shirt with a baseball on it. He brought it to me to put on him so he could "hit it" at balls with his Red Sox bat. He also loves his Bob the builder "clippers" (pliers). He spent over 45 minutes last night getting his Daddy to throw a soft baseball and football at him so he could try to hit it back. When he missed he ran to the ball and hit it like a golf ball.  His Daddy now has visions of some sort of pro ball in his future. :) He is still the sunshine of my life. He still loves to be read to and snuggle. So I will take the rest of the boy things as long as the sunshine and snuggles remain! 

 ** update**

The very next day. I was getting Garrett up from nap and told him "we need to change your diaper and put shorts on you" He looks down at himself and says "I want my Red Sox Shirt" . . . his Daddy was so proud . . . I have to say he may be lost to "The Nation" already.

3 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger Marie said...

I remember those moments- when you realize that your baby boy is no longer a baby and is very much a boy. I feel your pain! But on the brighter side- it onyl gets more fun and interesting from here. :)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Paula said...

That's my grandson!!!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Jesse P said...

Woohoo - training him up right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home