Welch Family Journal

Friday, April 24, 2009

Don't Worry Mom

In the mornings I leave my computer set to Playhouse Disney website. That way if Emma wants to play on the computer while she's waiting for her turn to leave the house she can. Lately I've noticed purple spots on my desk (mind you it's a nice desk). Yesterday, I had a talk to her.
M: "Emma are you using your purple fingernail polish when mommy's not around?"
E: "yeah"
M: "I need you to stop. It's leaving spots on my nice desk. I don't know if those will come off"
E: looking at my facial expressions "Mom, are you worried about it?"
M: "Yes, I don't know if I can get the spots off"
E:" You know you don't have to worry about it. God can take care of it"
what do you say to that? On one hand I love that she has this great faith in God and yes the Bible tells us to not worry. On the other hand she can't do anything she pleases thinking God will make it all better. 
M: "Yes baby, if God wanted to he could make the spots go away. But if you just wait until mommy's around to help make sure you aren't dripping, we don't have to evne bother with any of it. Okay?"
E: "Ok"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home