Welch Family Journal

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Our songbird

Saturday during Emma's nap I went out shopping. She woke up before I got back home. Matt heard her wake up and went to get her. She was already at the top of the steps looking around. He asked her if she wanted him to pick her up, usually such a question get s a quick yes!. This time she said no. He asked what she wanted and she said her mommy. (aww how sweet) He asked if she would come over and sit on his lap and snuggle him. She said "no I want my mommy" (yet again awww). He picked her up anyway and wrapped his arms around her for a minute. She curled up in his chest and began to sing "This is the way we snuggle our daddies" (sung to the tune The wheels on the bus) Now how cute is that for a 2 year old to come up with on her own?

Emma loves to sing. She sings all day long. It amazes me how many big kid songs she knows almost all the words to. She also loves to make up songs to whatever she's doing at the time.

It also amazes me at how sweet and thoughful she can be at times. Especially with her new brother. I was driving to Aunt Ree-rees (marie) the other day nad She was singing to her music. Then she says "give me the rag" I ask her "what? why?" (realizing she was asking for Garretts spit rag) She said "Brother spit" so i handed it back and watch her in the rearview mirror wipe his mouth off and then contunie to talk softly to him. Another time we were driving and Garrett started hollering and I hear "shh. It's ok I'm here. Sister's here" and she holding his hand, smiling at him. Amazingly he tends to calm down most of the time for her.

3 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Chad Gardner said...

I think a tear just welled up in my eye. I'm getting so soft in my old age.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Marie said...

k...I understand the songbird! She sang everwhere she walked today! If she didn't know what to sing she would ask me to sing. Then she and Caleb went into the boys room and I had VT on and they started a singing war (who could sing the loudest) It was quite evtertaining!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think shes cute you should see her aunt!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home