Welch Family Journal

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Jesus will help me

We have been trying to reinforce that Mommy and Daddy will take care of you but God and Jesus take care of everybody to Emma lately. Everytime somethign happens she worries about someone taking care fo someone else. example: she falls down - her answer "this milk will take care of it" or baby falls down - her answer "this blanket will take care of her". I have had a lot of headaches lately because of allergies since I have gotten lax on getting my shots. . . . . with all this said here's the cute story. We were driving in the car a couple of days ago and I was rubbing my head and saying "mommys head hurts. I need to go home and get some medicine." a little bit later she leans her head over on her carseat and says "My head hurts. Jesus will take care fo it" All I could do was say "Yes baby. Jesus will always take care of you. " :)

edit: from Granny's email. Saturday, she was picking at her fingernails. When I told her not to, she said “It’s bleeding………….[pause]…….but Jesus will take care of it

Cute story #2:
Daddy and Emma play this game where if she doesn't want to go to bed he "traps" her in his arms for a minute before going up to bed. So anytime she doesn't want to go right then she runs over to him and says "trap me". He obligizes and they laugh, snuiggle, kiss, and then it's off to bed for her. We were in the car yesterday and I was explaining that she needed to go take a nap when we got home then we would go to the park. She was throwing a fit crying saying "I don't want to take a nap" (the fit itsself proved she needed one but there was no explaining that to a tired 2 1/2 year old) Then she got a pouty mad look on her face, crossed her arms in the carseat, and said 'I'm trapped. I can't go to bed" . . . sneaky . . . but it didn't work. Good thinking outside the box there baby.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have got one smart little girl! I love reading your stories about her.
~Tawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home