Welch Family Journal

Monday, October 09, 2006

Sick again

Garrett and I went to Children's After Hours Clinic tonight. When we got home I was changeing his diaper and he felt really hot. He'd felt hot at daycare but I didn't think anything about it b/c he'd just woken up from his nap. I took his temp and it was 102.6 under the arm BEFORE you add a degree. So really it was 103.6. Yikes! So I gave him tylenol and stripped him down to just a diaper. He kind of just laid around on the floor. 20 minutes later I checked his temp again and it was 102.3 w/o adding any. I called our handy dandy personal nurse (Granny) and she said give him a lukewarm bath. I did and re checked his temp. It was still 102. So, I made an appt at the clinic. We got in and saw the dr. He said Garretts ears and chest were clear so it was prob just a fever virus I had to let run its course. He's pretty pitiful laying in my arms and he's so hot to the touch. You can tell he just feels horrible. I'm going to dope him up every 2 hours tonight and tomorrow to try to help him feel more comfortable. Other than that I just have to make sure he keep drinking plenty of liquids and he'll be better in a couple of days. I swear we have either been to or called the Dr every week for the past two months. How old do you have to be to be diagnosed with Hypochondria?

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber went to the doc every week for the year of 2004. No hypochondriac diagnosis, but one receptionist did start getting annoyed with us. I'm so sorry that my daughter has yet another infection! Thank goodness for tubes and tonsilectomies!

Try putting a dry blanket in the fridge for about 30 min and wrapping him in it. Won't be cold enough to cause harm, but will feel good on that nasty fever. Of course, pass that by the Nurse first.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Yea...we are in the same boat here. Caleb has double ear infections (only figured that out cause they started draining- aparently the holes don't close right away after the tubes fall out-or his ear drums went pop (which I doubt since no accute pain or blood)) and now I am going to be taking Riley and Ian to the Dr. tomorrow since the last 2 days Ian has had a high fever and complained of a sore throat, and Riley is tugging at her ear. I now have a sore throat and just a weird feeling. Who knows....maybe we are passing germs through the blog site! I hope not- we don't need anymore! Hope lil man gets to feeling better. Give him asqueeze for me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home