Welch Family Journal

Saturday, April 05, 2008

potty training laughs

So like i said in an earlier post we are not pushing Garrett toward potty training since he just turned 2. BUT if he shows an interest I will help him and see where it goes. Yesterday at daycare he said "mommy poo-poo coming out" and sure enough he had just pooped. That's a good sign that he knows that it's happening. JUst now in the car he said "Mommy poo-poo coming out" so I said "can you make it stop so we can go sit on the Dora potty?" he looked down at his lap and said "poo-poo stop!" Matt and I had to laugh. That's was pretty funny! So Then I tried to explain "can you squeeze your bottom and make it stop?" Not sure he understood but it's worth a try I guess. We went inside and his warning must have worked too good because his diaper was wet but not stinky. Though he also didn't go while sitting on potty. I don't know if this is going anywhere soon or if we'll be in this phase for a while but hey it's a start. and I know there's a light at the end of this. Maybe in another year we can be DIAPER FREE!!! Two words every parent loves to hear! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home