Welch Family Journal

Friday, April 28, 2006

Playdate





We had our playdate today. I invited several of Emma's friends over to play this morning. It looked like it would be a bad thing before it even got started when yesterday I told her all the friends that were comming over to play adn she yelled "NO. they're my toys!" oh great. But as I was cleaning(stashing) things this morning she was getting excited they were coming. At first she put all her dolls in the pantry so her friends wouldn't get them. Then when I told her if she put them in there she couldn't play with them either she thought about it a good long while then brought them out saying "I share with my friends" uh-huh good choice. Emma had a bunch of fun with her friends. We had Abby, Izzy, Isaac, Caleb, Ian, Riley, Hayden, Ainsley, Clair, and Emilyn over today. The house was trashed a few minutes after they all got here and it looked like a minivan convention (thanks marci) outside but hey they all had a bunch of fun. Mommy enjoyed getting to talk to her mommy friends while emma got to play with her kiddo friends. We are going to try to make this a weekly thing for the kids to get to play and mom's get to socialize.

3 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Chad Gardner said...

I'm Emma's friend... Why wasn't I invited over to play? sniff-sniff...

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Look at my sweet boy with the butterfly wings. At least they will be out of the "girl toy" excitement when Riely gets to that stage so they will leave her stuff alone. :)

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad, she only invited her 'cool' friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home