Welch Family Journal

Saturday, August 16, 2008

big boy pants

I am starting to work on Garrett and the whole potty training thing. He will sit on the potty but has yet to go or care about going. In fact he will not go the whole 10 minutes on the potty, then pee as soon as you put a diaper on. He will tell me to change his diaper about 60% of the time after he's peed big or pooped. He's in the potty training age class at daycare so I told his wonderful teacher to go ahead and start putting him on the potty when the others go and see if peer pressure will help him want to go. In an effort to further encourage a desire to potty train we went out today and let him pick out big boy under ware. I kept telling him when he started going pee pee in the potty a lot he could ware his race care under ware. He was really excited about them! W ell . . after getting big boy under ware today. I got him up from his nap and he was dry. I put him on the potty and he went (we called granny and got candy), we went to the swim arty. He came over to me during it saying "I stinky. change my diaper" . . he was. I did. I put him back in a diaper before we left there (in maumelle). we drove home. after we walked into the house he let out a big toot. then said "i want go pee pee in potty" since he was actually asking for once I said "sure baby" we went upstairs, (he was still dry) and sat him on the potty and he went. By no means is he really ready but I think the big boy under ware is helping getting him a little more keen on the idea! hopefully in a few months we will finally be diaper free in this house!!!!!!

Pray he will understand what to do and want to do it. Pray I will have patience with him even if he doesn't want to train right now and the wisdom to decide to drop it if he's not ready yet. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home