Welch Family Journal

Sunday, July 20, 2008

What did she call me?

Thursday we had Oogles and Googles come to daycare. I had the pleasure of sitting in on the group with Emma. They were doing a 4th of July unit. They were having fun marching around waving their flags until . . . they started singing "yankee doodle" As soon as the song said "yankee" emma stopped and looked at me with this face


I understood what she was doing but the lady leading it looked at me in confusion. I had to explain that she was a Red Sox fan and didn't want to be called a Yankee. Then I had to explain that the song didn't mean she was rooting for the despised Yankees. It just was something everyone from "up north" used to be called. I knew her Daddy would get a kick out of it. And he laughed out loud when I told him the story. He was so proud. Ahhh the brainwashing has been successful.

3 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Allison said...

LOVE it. She's a smart kid!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Now THAT is definitely Grammie's little girl!!!

I am printing that out to hang on my office door!

Love and hugs to all!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

THAT is hilarious. You have trained your children well. LOL

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home