Welch Family Journal

Friday, May 26, 2006

Old McDonald

Emma likes to sing Old McDonald had a farm. The ;ast three times we've sung it we begin to sing . . . "Old McDonald had a farm E I E I O, and on that farm he had a ____________ (then we let her fill in which anumal she wants to sing) and the last three times it's been 'baby cow', 'mommy cow', 'daddy cow', and 'duck'. lovely. Today we went through all of them. BUt as we were singing the duck round. "with aquack quack here and a quack quack there, here a quack "WAIT" yells emma. "I want to change it" Silly me assumes she means she wants to change which animal we are singing so I ask "OK which animal do you wnatto do?" She says "No. I sing, with a quack quack band here and a quack quack bang there . . ." And she trails off and gives me a big ol' goofy smile. Thanks Isaac Rine for teaching my daughter a duck says "quack quack bang"!

Today we left the house to go return a few things to target. We get onto Maumelle Blvd and Emma says 'I need go pee pee in the potty" I roll my eyes and think 'well of course you do. here we are on the road just me and the two kids in the 93 degree heat trying to get to target' I say (outloud) "Baby there's no potty in the car." She replys "there's one in the gas station" smart one that kid. I think about it for a second and ask her if she can hold it in untill we get to the gas station. She says yes so I get over and pull off. We unbuckle our carseats, grab brothers seat, and run into the gas station bathroom. To my surprise her pull-up is dry and after a couple of seconds she does pee pee some in the potty. YES! a triumph for potty training! I say "I am so proud of you sweetie. You did so good." she smiles and says "granny so proud" I smile back and reply "yes she is and we can call her later to tell her how good you did" . . . not to lesson the success any but then she didn't say anything the next few hours and just peed in her pull-up like she often does. This potty training thing is a lot harder than it first seems. dang.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Chad Gardner said...

If it makes you feel any better about Emma... I still wet my pants too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home