Welch Family Journal

Saturday, February 16, 2008

WYWO - Kitchen


Our new kid free zone



Our new curtains . . see how well emma cleaned up her toys!




The beginning of our kitchen redo . . . .


Matt look at all the clear counter space!









Our priceless masterpieces



A view from the front hall



working on creating some of  the artwork in  the new kitchen




The beginning . . . the flowers! ahhhh!



Hard at work




The story:

This weekend Matthew was in TN with the teens. Last weekend while I was at mom's I was talking about what I could get done to surprise him. (we both like to do that occasionally) We talked and talked and finally decided the thing we could do and have the biggest impact (for good) on my house would be to redo the kitchen. So, Mom came up this weekend armed with paint swatchs, tape, hammer, drills, and the like. She had it taped off before I got home from work Friday. We painted the primer on Friday and did the rest on Saturday. My Saturday night my kitchen was redone, my downstairs bathroom was fixed up, my downstairs had curtains, and I had several good ideas for more improvements in the rest of the house. :) Tis is just proof a parents job is never done. Not even after they move out, go to college, get married, or have their own kids. You still have to go kick them in the rear and help them out. We used to hate our kitchen. It had ugly flowery wallpaper and it has 3 different types of flooring. Now I am loving it. (the floors still bad but mom isn't a miracle worker) It is so pretty and inviting now. We also moved all the kid stuff out of the upstairs living room. It has been deemed a "kid free zone" and is only for adults to sit and talk or eat or play piano, or just be. :)  

6 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Marie said...

It looks amazing! Way to go! Maybe one day I can see it in person. I really like the color too. You will have to post on Matt's reaction!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wow I love the color! It looks great! Let us know what Matt thinks!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger laura said...

Love Love Love the wall color! It is a great color and makes such a great impact! Can't wait to see it person next time we're coming through town! And it really makes the cabinets pop! Great job!

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have ugly flower wallpaper in my kitchen too!!! Send your mom over!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Tawn said...

Your kitchen looks really good. My folks have been doing some remodeling too...I think they took your Mom and David's approach...they took out the wall between the kitchen and the living room.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jesse P said...

Nice job! Can't wait to see it! Matt's going to be psyched!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home